Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Last Saturday's Dinner

Stroganoff Steak Sandwiches


One of my all time favorite meals, this one is easy and good.  I did this one open faced (and this picture is of leftovers so the meat isn't as bloody as I really like it), but I do them as a sandwich too.

Marinate a flank steak overnight in a 2/3 beer, 1/3 olive oil, smashed garlic, salt and pepper combo.  Grill it to the way you like it and while you're doing so, cook down some sliced onions with butter and paprika over medium heat until they're really soft, the longer the better and feel free to turn down the heat.  I usually do it for 20-30 minutes or so.  After you pull the meat off the grill, let it rest, and throw some buttered french bread halves on the grill to char them, then slice the meat, put it all together, and throw some sour cream on top.

Yeah.

1 comment:

  1. David! So impressed. This is Rene from Fresh Plus. Mouth watering pictures :)

    ReplyDelete