Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dinner Sometime a Couple Weeks Ago

OPA!

Roasted Lamb with Onion and Tziziki


Greek Salad


Greek Potatoes


Trying to remember how I did this one, my apologies for the lag in posting and the effects of late posting to my recipes.  

So I think I mixed up dijon mustard, a bunch of garlic, olive oil, a little oregano, salt, pepper, and maybe a little cumin and squeeze of lemon.  Think I roasted it at 500 or so for 30 minutes and then knocked it down to 325 or so for another hour.  Small boneless leg, maybe three pounds.

What I do know is that when it came out, it looked like this


And after I let it rest for twenty minutes and sliced it, it looked like this


And it tasted DAMN good.

Served it with some sliced white onion that I dusted with sumac, and homemade tziziki.


I know, not my best picture.   That said, it's easy and good.  Seed and chop a cucumber, salt and let sit in a strainer for an hour or so.  Add it to some greek yogurt, a little olive oil, equal small parts of red or white wine vinegar and lemon juice, a mashed up garlic clove, salt, pepper and a little oregano.

Potatoes:  quarter some yukon golds lengthwise, toss in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic and pepper.  Put them in at 450 until they look good.

Dip em in the yogurt.

Clean up with


No comments:

Post a Comment