Saturday, December 17, 2011

Top Notch Hamburgers - Austin, TX

Alll right all right all right...






I love them drive-ins...






Let me tell you what Top Notch is packin' right here, alll right...we got a 15-8 piece dark, No. 4 Longhorn Special, curbside service, 6 and 1 fried sides, no-doubt 390 cholesterol...we're talking some f-in' food.



Alright, alright...let's start with the fried chicken this stuff was G-O-O-D good, my man...I'm talkin' super juicy on the inside, ultra crispy on the outside, salty, plump...I don't know what they do to it, man, but they got to keep on doin' it, cause that chicken makes life worth livin', man.  L-I-V-I-N.



Sides?  Yeah, man, any and all, all right...mashed potatoes and gravy...and this gravy was smokin', man...S-M-O-K-I-N...I'm talkin' thick, creamy, salty, peppery...dropped on top of those fresh-peeled-boiled-and-mashed spuds like a cheerleader on a quarterback, all right...


Fried sides?  Can't decide?  Get 'em all...you got to eat what Artie Gordo wants to eat.  Okra...fries...rings...you got to know they do it right here, man...hot, crunchy, salty...may even sop up a little of that chicken fat in the fryer for a little soul, all right all right...



Burger...grilled over charcoal, man, the only way to do it, alll right...this number four is the 1976 version of the Big Mac, my man, and what Ronald McDonald no-doubt wants that Big Mac to be to-DAY, man...I'm talkin' two charcoal grilled patties...ripe with flavor....melted American cheese, special sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion...this thing is hot, this thing is big, and this thing tastes great...just wish they had crisper lettuce and ripe tomatoes...I'd be a lot cooler if they did...but who cares, I'm not here for a salad.



That's what I love about these drive-ins, man.  I get older, they serve the same food...







Off to the Moontower

Atmosphere:  old school, mellow, cruise in, drive-in, counter service, indoor seating, sit-in-your-car-and-push-the-button seating, carry-out, throwback, place for a date when you're to young to hit Centennial, THE place to pick up redheads, all right all right

Food:  classic man, burgers, fries, rings, fried chicken and fixin's

Dog Friendly:  you got to do what you got to do

Crowd:  me, Randall Pink Floyd, Slater-son, little Mitch Kramer, and redheads, man, I love those redheads

When to Go:  lunch, dinner, anytime you want my man, anytime you want

What to Order:  you got to order what you want to order, but get the fried chicken or a number four, all right all right...

No comments:

Post a Comment