Sunday, February 27, 2011

Counter Cafe - Austin, TX

I know, I know, I just did this one.  I won't do it every time I go, and will make this quick, but I wanted to share this mainly because I reiterate that this place is great, and this time I took some pictures.

I went simple with scrambled eggs, sausage, toast and counter potatoes.  The eggs were great, clearly scrambled in a well seasoned (read: used) pan, perfectly cooked.  The sausage was fresh and great as usual, but a little different today.  Rather than the red pepper flakes which gave the last batch I had a subtle kick, these were seasoned very well today with what I'm guessing was sage.  Nice to see that a place with a limited menu like this can switch things up ever so slightly, executing perfectly, to keep diners coming back to see what's next.  Toast was toasted bread, nothing special about it, but was served with a homemade strawberry jam which was very well done.  Counter potatoes, deep fried and then finished in a pan with onion.  Awesome.


MGord had the same thing as last time, a pancake and a side of bacon.  I think I failed to describe the bacon last time, but it is really, really good.  Quality bacon cooked well done to where it's crispy but not crumbly.  Today's pancake was slightly sweeter, almost cakelike, which was exactly what she was looking for this morning and which was wonderful, which I can vouch for.  And I wasn't lying when I said it was big in my last review...


Summary

It's been two days, see the last review.

No comments:

Post a Comment